Our COVID-19 Response
Our response to COVID-19:
We’re mobilizing our global reach, deep scientific expertise, and extensive collaborations and partnerships with the innovator community as we continue to work together with the aim to help accelerate potential healthcare solutions for people around the world.
To help foster equal opportunities in the innovation ecosystem and help bring forward truly transformational early-stage science and technology potential healthcare solutions, we are:
- Proud to have collaborated with partners including the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to develop our one-shot COVID-19 vaccine, which we’re providing to the public on a not-for-profit basis for emergency pandemic use.
- Collaborating with the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, on BLUE KNIGHT™, a joint initiative focused on anticipating and preparing for public health threats and emerging infectious diseases. By supporting companies, BLUE KNIGHT™ aims to stimulate science and technologies that may improve global public health security by providing access for selected start-up companies to our Johnson & Johnson Innovation - JLABS ecosystem along with additional unique benefits.
- Sharing the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies’ infectious disease expertise, mentorship and support to entrepreneurs and the start-up community so they can continue to focus on pursuing COVID-19 potential solutions and accelerating other critical healthcare innovations for people around the world.
- Exploring opportunities to invest in external companies running research programs focused on COVID-19 diagnostics and therapeutics, through our strategic corporate venture arm Johnson & Johnson – JJDC, Inc.
- Working to help advance racial and ethnic health equity in COVID-19 treatment and care through a series of targeted programs and potential collaborations and partnerships.