Is there a monetary award for this Quick Pitch?
There is no monetary award. This is just an opportunity to present your innovation to Johnson & Johnson Innovation's leadership.
If I’m invited to present, will Johnson & Johnson cover travel related expenses?
No, travel is not covered as part of the Quick Pitch.
Is it ok if some of the information I submit is confidential?
No. Please do not submit confidential information. Only non-confidential information should be submitted and anything you submit will be treated as non-confidential
Can I submit supporting documents (for example a video) as part of my application?
You will have the opportunity and are encouraged to upload supporting materials such as slide decks, research papers, and videos as part of your application.
Is a patent required to apply?
No, a patent is not required to apply.However, you should not submit any information that you wish to keep confidential or that may negatively impact upon the future patentability of your invention.
How does the Quick Pitch Recruitment Program work?
Refer an applicant to the Quick Pitch and have the applicant identify you as the recruiting source in the Quick Pitch application. If the applicant is selected and pitches to Johnson & Johnson leadership at the 2019 J.P. Morgan Healthcare conference, you may be eligible for the $3000 recruitment payment. All recruitment payments will be paid after the 2019 J.P. Morgan Healthcare conference.
Please note that applicants must provide the name and email address of their referral source in order to be eligible for the recruitment program.
You are also consenting to the transfer of your information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Is everyone eligible for the Quick Pitch Recruitment Program ?
- Healthcare professionals and government officials/employees are not eligible for a recruitment payment.
- An individual cannot recommend himself/herself or his/her company.
- If an individual is not able to receive funding from industry per his/her institution’s policies, then the recruitment fee will not be provided.
- J&J employees and their families are not eligible to receive the recruitment payment
How do you define a Healthcare professional and government officials/employees?
Government Official or “GO” means any official or employee of a government agency or instrumentality of the government including but is not limited to a political party, party official or candidate, or public international organizations. It also includes individuals representing himself or herself as a GO, for example, a customs official, inspector, auditor, investigator, elected official, or employee of a government ministry or agency. Note that this definition includes agents or employees of some non-governmental (NGO) organizations where those organizations perform quasi-governmental services such as distribution of drugs and medical devices or delivery of health care services, an individual who is an agent or consultant to a government agency, or provides a primary business address at a government facility, uses a military title or rank, supplies an email address associated with a government entity or is otherwise known or believed to be a government employee. Health Ministries and government-owned hospitals often employ HCPs who may be GOs under local law. A private HCP that provides consulting services or otherwise acts as an agent of the government, these individuals should be considered Government Officials.
“Health Care Professionals” or “HCPs” means:
- All physicians; and
- Any other individual, institution or entity with the ability to prescribe, acquire or influence the prescription or acquisition of the Johnson & Johnson (including its affiliates and subsidiaries) products or services at issue, and either of the following:
- The products at issue are regulated or registered as medicinal products or devices (or their equivalents) in the applicable country; or
- The products or services at issue are subject to reimbursement by government or third parties; or, are offered for sale with products or services subject to such reimbursement
Examples of HCPs -- depending on the nature of the products or services at issue -- may include, but are not limited to, doctors, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, other para-medical staff, members of product formulary committees, health economists, key opinion leaders including scientists and/or PhD’s, clinical investigators and researchers, administrative and management employees of private and public hospitals, HCPs-in-training and medical societies.